This Agreement was last updated November 28, 2008
All use of the Leonardo Academy web pages and any information and content included therein (the "LEO Site") is subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. By completing the registration process, clicking the User Agreement acceptance "button," and using the LEO Site, you represent that you are 18 years old or older and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. The terms "you" or "User" refer to the person who completed the registration process.
Leonardo Academy (“LEO”) reserves the right to change the terms of this Agreement. Changes will be posted on the LEO Site at http://www.leonardoacademy.org/termsofuse.asp. If any of these changes are unacceptable, you may terminate your subscription as described below under "Term and Termination." Use of the LEO Site following the posting of any changes to these terms and conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes by the User.
The LEO Site contains two types of content:
1. The "LEO Site's Own Content" means information entered into the LEO Site by employees and authorized representatives of LEO.
2. "Other Content" means any other information entered into the LEO Site by Users or other persons.
Use of the LEO Site
Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, the LEO Site may not be reproduced, transmitted, or distributed without LEO's prior written permission. The User may not commingle any portion of the LEO Site with any other information and shall not edit, modify, or alter any portion of the LEO Site. Users may and are encouraged to include in their web sites links to the LEO Site. Users may and are encouraged to provide links to the LEO Site to other who would be interested in the content. All of the LEO Site's Own Content is either the property of Leonardo Academy, Inc. or is licensed to Leonardo Academy, Inc.. Leonardo Academy, Inc. and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to the LEO Site's Own Content. The User shall honor all reasonable requests by LEO to honor Leonardo Academy, Inc. proprietary interests in the LEO Site.
In addition, User may not:
1. Use the LEO Site for any purpose that is prohibited by any law or regulation, or to facilitate the violation of any law or regulation;
2. use or attempt to use any "deep-link," "scraper," "robot," "bot," "spider," "data mining," "computer code" or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process or methodology or manual process having similar processes or functionality, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the LEO Site, any data or content found on or accessed through the LEO Site, or any other the LEO Site information without prior express written consent of LEO;
3. obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials or information on the LEO Site that has not been intentionally made publicly available either by public display on the LEO Site or through accessibility by a visible link on the LEO Site;
4. violate any measure employed to limit or prevent access to the LEO Site or its content;
5. violate the security of the LEO Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the LEO Site, data, materials, information, computer systems or networks connected to any server associated with the LEO Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
6. impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise represent an affiliation with a person or entity;
7. interfere with, attempt to interfere with or otherwise disrupt the proper working of the LEO Site, any activities conducted on or through the LEO Site or any servers or networks connected to the LEO Site, including accessing any data, content or other information prior to the time that it is intended to be available to the public on the LEO Site;
8. take or attempt any action that, in the sole discretion of the LEO Site, imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load or burden on the LEO Site or the infrastructure of the LEO Site.
9. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Other Content;
10. disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the LEO Site;
11. use the LEO Site to stalk or harass another.
The User's Content
The User grants to Leonardo Academy the non-exclusive right to use all material entered into the LEO Site by the User (other than third-party material transmitted through private electronic mail) in any of Leonardo Academy, Inc. web, print or electronic publications.
Users entering material into the LEO Site are responsible for the content of that material. Leonardo Academy, Inc. has no responsibility for Other Content, including the content of any messages or information posted by Users or others, or for the content of information accessible via direct or indirect hyperlinks from the LEO Site. However, LEO retains the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit, or delete Other Content which LEO deems to be illegal, offensive, in violation of these terms and conditions or otherwise inappropriate.
You may not input, distribute, upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Other Content through the LEO Site that:
1. is commercial or promotional in nature, including solicitations for funds or business, without the prior written authorization of LEO.
2. constitutes junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or the like;
3. is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
4. you do not have the right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
5. infringes or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
6. contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
7. is harmful to minors.
The User agrees to indemnify Leonardo Academy from all damages, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, which Leonardo Academy and its employees and authorized representatives may incur as a result of either: (i) the User's breach of this Agreement; or (ii) material entered into the LEO Site with the use of the User's screen name or password. LEO reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any such matter for which the User has agreed to indemnify Leonardo Academy in which event the User shall have no further obligation to indemnify with respect to that particular matter.
NO WARRANTIES/LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
LEONARDO ACADENY MAKES NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF OR RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM, ACCESSING AND USING THE LEO SITE, THE LEO SITE'S OWN CONTENT, THE OTHER CONTENT, NOR ANY MATERIAL THAT CAN BE ACCESSED (VIA A DIRECT OR INDIRECT HYPERLINK OR OTHERWISE) THROUGH THE LEO SITE. LEONARDO ACADENY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INACCURACY, DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM. IN NO EVENT WILL LEONARDO ACADENY OR ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST TIME, LOST MONEY, LOST PROFITS OR GOOD WILL, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN WITH RESPECT TO ANY USE OF THE LEO SITE. USER AGREES THAT ALL DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND ASSESSED AGAINST LEONARDO ACADEMY OR ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF RELATING TO THE USE OF THE LEO SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.
As part of the registration process, you must select a screen name and password and provide LEO with accurate, complete, and updated information. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of the User's access.
Term and Termination
This Agreement will continue until terminated by either LEO or you. The Agreement can be terminated by either party by notifying the other party by telephone or electronic mail of the decision to terminate.
LEO may discontinue or change the LEO Site, or its availability to you, at any time.
Fees & Payments
There are no fees for basic participation in Leonardo Academy’s World Green Community. From time to time Leonardo Academy may choose to add higher levels of participation in Leonardo Academy’s World Green Community that are available only to members that sign up for these additional services and agree to pay the fees set by Leonardo Academy for these higher levels of service.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the LEO Site and supersedes any and all other agreements, oral or in writing, with respect to the LEO Site. The failure of LEO to insist upon strict compliance with any term of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver with regard to any subsequent failure to comply with such term or provision. This Agreement is personal to you, and you may not assign your rights or obligations to anyone. If any provision in this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. This Agreement, your rights and obligations, and all actions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Wisconsin, as if the Agreement was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within the State of Wisconsin.
- The Customer is not Always Right: Why Supermarkets Show We Have a Problem with Evidence 18 May 2013 | 7:00 am
- Venture Inside the Leading Compliance Platform - Source Intelligence 17 May 2013 | 9:05 am
- AOL Monster Help Day 2013 17 May 2013 | 8:15 am
- 5 Necessary Steps to Better Integrated Reporting AND a More Sustainable Company 17 May 2013 | 8:05 am
- Economic Losses from Disasters Underestimated, ‘Out of Control’ 17 May 2013 | 8:00 am