Contemporary Prefab Home for a Writer
Last time I mentioned Jet Prefab,* the company had just released an affordable home plan called The One Story. That contemporary design has been tweaked and expanded for a new design called the Tess House that I want to share. It was inspired by a customer dreaming of a writer’s house on Shelter Island in New York.
The three-bedroom Tess House has two decks — both could be used to relax outside and write — and an isolated bedroom that’s connected to the house only with a narrow breezeway. This same bedroom is next to a home-office den, a convenient location for the writer’s middle-of-the-night inspiration.
The total plan includes 1,645 square feet and carries a price tag of $279,000. This includes the floor system, walls, roofing, double-pane windows, interior and exterior insulated doors, cellulose insulation thermal envelope, electrical outlets, switches, recessed lighting fixtures, cedar and Hardie siding, drywall, flooring, plumbing, etc.
In terms of process, after the design phase, the Jet home is built in a factory in about 3-5 months. During that time, site work is completed. Thereafter, Tess House is delivered and assembled within 1-2 weeks. At this point, the home is about 90% complete and the rest is just utility connections and other finish work.
*This is a partner article for Jet Prefab who compensated Jetson Green. All opinions are ours. We partnered with Jet Prefab to share more about their modern prefab homes.
Related Articles on JetsonGreen.com:
- JET PreFab Makes a Cool Modern Home
- Jet Prefab Offers an Affordable One Story
- Contemporary INFILL is The New Prefab
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- MassMutual Donates $100,000 to Tornado and Severe Weather Relief Effort 22 May 2013 | 5:15 am
- Lincoln Financial Group Employees Partner with Junior Achievement for Day of Volunteering at Local School in Hartford 22 May 2013 | 5:15 am
- Network for Good, Corporate Partners Aid Victims of Oklahoma Tornadoes 22 May 2013 | 3:45 am
- Your Green Summer BBQ: Green Grillin’ 22 May 2013 | 3:45 am
- A Pharmacy Innovation Company Committed to Its People 22 May 2013 | 3:25 am