Denim Insulation Now Available at Lowe’s
There’s been a lot of talk about cotton insulation, but I’ve seen it used in countless projects. It’s probably worth noting that Bonded Logic’s recycled-content product hit the mainstream with a roll-out of UltraTouch Denim Insulation to 165 Lowe’s stores this month. The product is made with 80% post-consumer recycled natural fibers and doesn’t have added formaldehyde, VOCs, or chemical irritants, according to Bonded Logic.
Lowe’s offers the R13 and R19 versions, though R21 and R30 can be special ordered. Pricing is available in select stores; however, for example, I’ve seen a 5-pack of the UltraTouch R19 (15″ x 93″) for $39.97.
In terms of installation, this insulation doesn’t itch like fiberglass insulation and “a portion of each package contains perforations that allow consumers to tear the insulation by hand, similar to a paper towel,” according to a statement by Bonded Logic.
Related Articles on JetsonGreen.com:
- EnGuard Recycled PET Batt Insulation
- Natural Wool Insulation from Oregon
- Expanded Cork Insulation Arrives in USA
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- Campbell Soup Company Recognized by National Business Group on Health for Promoting Healthy Workplaces and Lifestyles 22 May 2013 | 10:45 am
- Skype from the Top of the World 22 May 2013 | 9:55 am
- Kaiser Permanente to Pursue Minimum of LEED Gold for all New Major Projects 22 May 2013 | 9:15 am
- Video Tribute to 2013 Warrior Games Presented by Deloitte 22 May 2013 | 8:45 am
- Highlights from the New GRI G4 Guidelines 22 May 2013 | 8:30 am