HeronLED Shines a Light on E-Waste
Earlier this summer, LittleFootprint Lighting announced the availability of a high-performance task light for home or office called the HeronLED Personal Task Light. The light is designed and made in the USA with recycled plastic from e-waste and uses a replaceable LED bulb as the light source.
HeronLED outputs 200 lumens, uses 4.1 watts of energy, has a color of 3000 K, has a CRI of 80, and should last about 50,000 hours. The body is 100% recycled ABS, while the base is slots made with 70% scrap steel.
LittleFootprint Lighting is offering the LED light with a five-year warranty and a retail price of $195. The first 1,000 purchasers, however, will get $50 off and the price of $145.99.
On the topic, if you’re shopping around for an energy-efficient desk lamp and want to compare the HeronLED with other options, check out our Guide to Modern LED Desk Lights.
Credit: LittleFootprint Lighting.
Related Articles on JetsonGreen.com:
- 8 Modern LED Desks Lights for the Home
- FLO Modern LED Light from Lumina
- A Dash of Light, Style, and Sustainability
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- The Customer is not Always Right: Why Supermarkets Show We Have a Problem with Evidence 18 May 2013 | 7:00 am
- Venture Inside the Leading Compliance Platform - Source Intelligence 17 May 2013 | 9:05 am
- AOL Monster Help Day 2013 17 May 2013 | 8:15 am
- 5 Necessary Steps to Better Integrated Reporting AND a More Sustainable Company 17 May 2013 | 8:05 am
- Economic Losses from Disasters Underestimated, ‘Out of Control’ 17 May 2013 | 8:00 am