Modern LEED Eco Luxury in Honolulu
With the weather getting warmer, perhaps you're thinking about a visit to the lake or the local pool with the week coming to an end. If not, check out this ultra luxury home located on the beach near Diamond Head State Monument in Honolulu, Hawaii -- it'll get you thinking. Earlier this year, the home was featured in the Honolulu Star Bulletin and described as being for sale for $6,680,000, but it's now listed at $5,988,000.
The 4,800 square-foot home -- a speculative project of Longhouse Development, LLC and Long & Associates Architects -- is located on 3927 Kahala Avenue. Its most noticeable green element is on the roof, the 4.6 kW solar photovoltaic array.
Other green aspects include energy efficient appliances, bamboo flooring, low-flow water fixtures, low-water landscaping, low-VOC paints, CFL lighting, FSC wood doors and cabinets, and an integrated solar hot water heater.
A 1950s home was deconstructed to make room for this new green home, which also has a wine room, pool, and open lanai area. On top of that, the purchaser will end up with fee simple title to both the land and LEED Gold certification.
World Green Top News
- Testing a New Dynamic Solar Facade
- Joshua Tree Gets a New Desert Prefab
- Plugwise Eliminates Excess Energy Use
- Ahead of Schedule, An LED Bulb for us All
- Community Solar Programs Let Renters Share The Power
- Simple Green Harpoon House in Oregon
- Dad Was Right About Those Lights
- Gary Chang's Sliding Wall Apartment Is An Eco-Friendly 24 Rooms! (VIDEO)
- Who Wins in the Home Star Program? GridPoint, Big Box Retailers
- Seeking Existing Home Energy Efficiency
- Union Pacific Shows Off New Training Car and Foam Trailer During Drill 23 May 2013 | 3:15 am
- ReportAlert.info - Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) publishes 2012 Environmental Social Governance Report 23 May 2013 | 3:00 am
- Lincoln Financial Group Distribution (LFGD) Sales Team Visits Teach For America (TFA) School To Discuss Importance of Math Skills 23 May 2013 | 3:00 am
- Three Squares Inc. Named Sustainability Certification Partner for Sustainable Brands® 2013 23 May 2013 | 2:30 am
- LIFT and Capital One Join Forces in Million Dollar Commitment to Fight Poverty in the United States 23 May 2013 | 1:00 am